|Fund Key Data|
|Manager||BIMB Investment Mgmt Bhd|
|Fund Type||Money Market MYR (Islamic)|
|Date Launched||April 27, 2009|
|Approved Fund Size||500,000,000|
|Fund Price as at August 20, 2014|
|Daily prices courtesy of TheEdge Financial Daily|
Seeks to provide unit holders (qualified investors*) with a regular income stream & high level of liquidity to meet their cash flow requirements while maintaining capital preservation and stability.
Initial Offer Period: 1 day only at RM1.00 per unit.
Financial Year End: 30 June.
Distribution Policy: Monthly, subject to availability of investment incomes, and automatically reinvested.
* Qualified Investors: An individual whose total net personal assets exceed RM3 million or its equivalent in foreign currencies; a corporation with total net assets exceeding RM10 million or its equivalent in foreign currencies based on the last audited accounts; and a unit trust scheme or prescribed investment scheme.
Suitable for investors who:
- are conservative;
- low risk tolerance;
- seek Syariah compliant investment avenues for the short term;
- desire a stream of income;
- want easy access to their funds;
- seek for security and flexibility in investment.
The Fund shall invest up to 100% of its NAV in a diversified portfolio of good value short term Islamic money market instruments carrying a minimum credit rating of P1 (by RAM) /MARC-1 (by MARC) and AA3 (by RAM) /AA- (by MARC) for Islamic debentures/sukuk, including an equivalent form of deposit with licensed financial institutions.
BIMMF is a money market fund that is actively managed to provide liquidity to meet the short-term cash flow requirements of its unitholders while provide a reasonable level of current income. Consequently, the investments of BIMMF are largely confined to short-term Islamic debentures issued by the Malaysian Government, Government-backed agencies, BNM and/or Malaysian corporations which carrying a minimum credit rating of AA3 (RAM or equivalent) and money market instruments, including Islamic Accepted Bills, banker’s acceptance, certificates of deposits, commercial paper of companies carrying a minimum credit rating of P1 (RAM or equivalent), other highly liquid and low-risk securities which comply with Shariah requirements and mature within 365 days or 1 year. Although the fund is actively managed, the frequency of its trading strategy will very much depend on market opportunities.
If the credit rating of any instrument falls below the minimum rating, the Fund may dispose the investment. However, the Fund reserves the right to maintain the investment if the downgrade is expected to be temporary.
Any investment decision will be made to achieve the maximum returns to the Fund after considering the risk involved.
- The Fund may invest up to 100% of the Fund’s NAV in permitted investments which have a remaining maturity period of not more than 365 days. Only up to 10% of its NAV can be invested in permitted investments which have a remaining maturity period of more than 365 days but fewer than 732 days. Permitted investments are:
• Debentures (including Islamic Bonds and Sukuk);
• Islamic Money Market Instruments; and
• Placement in Islamic Deposit with licensed financial institutions/banks
The asset allocation between the various investment assets referred to above and the decision to invest, sell or trade are based on the decision of the Fund Managers who adopt an active fund management approach.
|Fees & Charges|
|Switching Fee||Depending on the Sales Charge of the target fund to be switched into.|
|Free Switches Yearly||N/A|
|Annual Management Fee||0.5%|
|Management Expense Ratio (MER)||%|
|Investment||Initial: RM100,000 |
|Regular Investment||Initial: N/A|
|Account Balance||10,000 units|
|Prospectus||Refer to company website or branch office.|
|Fund Performance as at|
|1 Month Return|
|6 Month Return|
|1 Year Return|
|3 Year Return|
|5 Year Return|
|As published in the The Edge-Lipper Fund Performance Ranking Tables|
Copyright on names and logos used in this page belong to respective fund management companies.
Information in this fund profile page is compiled by Signalpoint Sdn. Bhd. based on the individual fund management company's public information, including but not limited to fund prospectus, fund fact sheets, etc, and are meant for information only. While best efforts have been made to ensure its accuracy, we cannot guarantee that the information presented here is completely accurate and without ommissions. Please contact email@example.com if you believe there are errors or ommissions on this page.
Investors are advised to read and understand the fund's prospectus before investing.